Saturday 21 April 2018

A Chat with the Cat


Missy has now lived here for almost 6 months. If she could talk, I imagine this is the kind of conversation we would be having:

Me: Missy, I hope you're settling in well. 

Missy: Yes, so far it's not bad. The food is okay. I have a couple of high placesto sleep. Your  bed is very comfortable to sleep on. You need to change the cat litter in my tray more often though. 

Me: Okay, I'm not used to having an indoor cat so I'll bear that in mind. Anything else bothering you? 

Missy: The door buzzer. Can you tone it down a bit?

Me: Sorry, I know it's loud, but it's controlled from a place in Edinburgh and we can't change it. It's also meant for old people, so it has to be loud enough for them to hear. 

Missy: I suppose that's why the fire alarm is so loud as well? 

Me: Yep, I'm afraid so. Is everything else okay?

Missy: You keep leaving. I wasn't expecting that. My last human was at home all the 
time. 

Me: Yes, I'm told he was ill for a long time. I try to go out every day - most people do. Not for long - just to meet friends, do the shopping, get some air...

Missy: As long as you come back.

Me: I'm not planning on leaving you for very long. But while we're on the subject of going out, I wonder if you'll feel up to going to see the vetsoon. You really need a check-up. 

Missy: Vet? Does that mean going in the carrier? I notice you've left it beside the settee and put a wee blanket in it, with some toys and some catnip. I'm not fooled. The carrier is bad news. 

Me: Okay. I'm not going to insist. 

Missy: Insist all you like. I'm a cat. I can resist a lot harder than you can insist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment