Monday 26 September 2016

A&B

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, often referred to as ME or, more recently, by the US acronym SEID (Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease). I've had it since New Year 2016 and have got used to the 'now I'm sleeping all the time - no, wait, now I'm not sleeping at all' syndrome that seems to be part of this disorder. I had a good day today, Sunday. Got up very late but did 2 washings, dried one and hung the other one up, recycled, went to Whole Foods for coffee and a croissant, watched a movie, folded the 2nd wash and put it away, had a ready meal (beef with black pepper sauce and rice) and sat down to relax, only to find myself wide awake at 3am.

So I went online, the way you do. Googled the schools I used to work with in Argyll and Bute, and discovered to my irritation that most of their websites don't work. And that's not all. I wanted to know if any of the staff I had known in the 1990s were still around. Only one website gave me the information on staffing that I wanted.

Is this policy in A&B? Tell the public nothing? Or is it, as I sadly suspect, a lack of staff to oversee the school websites and keep information flowing to parents and the wider community?

If you live and work in an area with pretty vast distances between schools - from Coll to Campbeltown to Helensburgh), it's really important to know what is going on in other schools in the area. If you're a teacher in the area, it's pretty well essential for staff to be in touch with each other. Maybe there's an intraweb for employees of A&B. I hope so.

Or can it be that A&B education has reverted to what it was when I first went to work there in 1977? The land the 21st century forgot, although mostly no more than 3 1/2 hours from Glasgow.

If it's not as bad as I see it, please correct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment